Table of Contents
- Activating the integration
- Enabling the required webhooks
- Ordering a background check
- Monitoring the status of a background check
- Temporarily disabling the integration
- Deleting the integration
Activating the integration
To activate the Checkr integration you must have administrator permissions in both Sora and Checkr.
Before you can run a Checkr background check as part of a Sora workflow, you must first activate the Checkr integration within your Sora account. To do so, follow these steps:
- Within Sora, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Checkr.
- Click the Log in to set up integration button.
- If you have an existing Checkr account, click on the Sign in link at the bottom of the pop-up window
Alternatively, if you do not have an existing Checkr account, click on the Set up a Checkr account tile and follow the instructions to create a new account.
- After successfully signing in or creating a new Checkr account, the page should refresh and display a message saying that Checkr is configured for use.
Sora is only able to order background checks for Checkr accounts that have already been credentialed. Credentialing is a process that is typically done when a Checkr account is first registered and it involves the Checkr Team assessing the validity of your business and verifying that there is a permissible purpose for you to run background checks. In the case that your account has not yet been credentialed by the time you activate this integration, Sora will display the following warning:
Enabling the required webhooks
Sora uses webhooks to receive updates from Checkr on background checks. Follow these instructions to ensure that the necessary webhook settings have been configured within Checkr to allow the integration to work properly.
- Within Checkr, navigate to Account Settings > Developer Settings.
- Scroll down to the section entitled Webhook Subscriptions and click on the Edit button.
- Make sure that the following checkboxes are checked.
Ordering a background check
Once the Checkr integration has been activated, you can add a task to a Sora workflow to automatically order a Checkr background check on an employee. To do so, follow these steps:
- Add a new Integration task to your workflow.
- Click the Expand button to pull up all the task configuration settings.
- From the Action dropdown, select the Run background check with Checkr option.
- Expand the Integration settings section and input all the appropriate settings for the background check.
- Set the task Trigger and Filters settings which operate just like they do for any other workflow task.
- Click the Create (Publish) button to finish adding the task to your workflow. Alternatively, if you are not ready to publish the task, you can click on the Save as draft button.
At this time, this integration only supports background screenings in the United States.
Monitoring the status of a background check
All Checkr background checks that are ordered via the Sora integration will appear within your Checkr dashboard where you will be able to view all details about each report. Alternatively, you can check the status of a background check within Sora by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Employees tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click on the desired employee.
- In the flyout, select the Background Checks tab
- Here each card represents a separate background check that has been run and will contain the following information: date of initialization, source (task) of initialization, package name used, estimated completion of the check, status of the report and a link to the report itself.
Sora does not send any Checkr related emails or notifications to the new hire or the Sora admin. Instead, notifications regarding background checks are sent directly from Checkr and these notification settings can be configured by a Checkr admin.
Temporarily disabling the integration
To temporarily disable the Checkr integration, simply navigate to the Checkr Integration page within Sora and toggle the bottom switch from Active to Inactive.
Deleting the integration
To completely delete a Checkr integration that has been configured in your Sora account, follow these steps:
- Within Sora, navigate to the Checkr Integration page and click on the Clear configuration button.
- Within Checkr, navigate to Account Settings > Integrations and click the Turn off button next to the Sora integration.