Sora’s Ashby integration allows you to automatically import an employee into Sora and add them to a workflow (e.g. Onboarding) whenever they enter a specific candidate stage (e.g. Offer) within Ashby. The following instructions will walk you through all the necessary steps to configure this integration.
You must be a part of the Administrators permission group within Sora and an Admin user within Ashby to complete the steps below.
- Create an Ashby API key by following these instructions.
- Within Sora, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Ashby.
- Paste the Ashby API key which you created in Step 1 into the API key input field.
- Toggle the switch to Active.
- Click the Save button.
Inbound field mapping
- Within Sora, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Ashby > Inbound field mapping.
- Use the dropdown menus to indicate which candidate fields within Ashby should be mapped to which employee fields within Sora.
Please reach out to your Sora representative if you have any fields whose value needs to be transformed (e.g. CA → California) as a part of the mapping process.
- (Optional) Enter a candidate’s email address or select an employee within Sora that has a candidate profile within Ashby and then click on the Go button. This will show you sample field values for that specific employee based on your current mapping.
- Once you are done mapping all the desired fields, click the Save button on the bottom-right corner.
Adding a webhook
- Within Sora, navigate to the Workflows tab and click on the Manage workflow button for the specific workflow that you want to connect with Ashby (this would typically be the Onboarding workflow).
- Click on the Add listener button under the Entering the workflow section on the left-hand side of the screen.
- In the resulting modal, select Ashby from the first dropdown menu, Candidate stage change from the second dropdown menu, and then specify the specific stage (e.g. Offer) at which you want to import candidates into your workflow.
- In a separate tab, log in to Ashby and navigate to Admin > Webhooks.
- Click on the New button to create a new webhook.
- Copy and paste the Secret key and Endpoint URL from your previous Sora tab into the new webhook that you are creating within the Ashby tab.
- Switch back to your Sora tab and click on the Create event listener button to finish creating the listener.